Custom programmes designed specifically to support your business and staff needs!
Find out how you can upskill staff for free through our funded Workplace Literacy and Numeracy programmes
Literacy and numeracy skills can impact staff performance and business success.
We design and deliver workplace programmes customised to suit your team, using real examples from their work roles.
Literacy Aotearoa will develop and deliver quality programmes that will address your business priorities and meet your employees’ individual literacy, language and numeracy needs.
- meet with your key personnel for a site visit
- identify issues and conduct a needs analysis
- develop individual programmes for each employee
- deliver tuition on-site or at our provider’s premises, one-to-one and in small groups, at times that best suit you and your employees.
Employee Literacy is your business
Employees who enhance their literacy and numeracy skills have a positive impact on many factors in the workplace - including task accuracy, process compliance, better H&S understanding, staff positivity, staff retention, seeking promotion, or seeking further training and improvement.
Your employees need literacy and numeracy skills to lift your business and deal with new work practices and technologies and to support the changes the business makes.
You may not know that a problem exists... Literacy Aotearoa can make a difference.
Direct Benefits - improved employee performance:
- Improved reading skills mean employees can follow instructions and procedures, leading to a safer workplace with fewer errors or returned products.
- Better speaking and listening skills mean improved communication, more useful feedback and better teamwork.
- Improved writing skills mean more accurate orders and more useful reporting.
- Improved numeracy skills mean accurate deliveries and better record keeping.
- More confidence, greater staff loyalty and improved retention.
- Greater employee safety and health.
- Better problem solving and fewer mistakes.
- Gaining new skills to support innovation and improve productivity.
Literacy Aotearoa is funded by the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) to develop and deliver tailored literacy, language and numeracy programmes throughout New Zealand.
We can also assist you in applying for funding through the TEC and we can help you develop your own internal capability so that you can support your employees once they have completed the programme.
We can develop programmes that are tailored to fit the real and actual needs of your workplace.
Because these programmes are directly related to your employees’ daily activities, they are more relevant, effective, easily remembered and readily put to use.