Tutor with us
Share your skills and knowledge as one of our Kaiako/Tutors
Study for an adult tertiary teaching qualification for free!
Help us deliver accessible quality education programmes to adults in Aotearoa
Work for us...
Kaiako - Tutor: Literacy and Numeracy Learning.
Help us deliver accessible quality programmes designed to ensure the peoples of Aotearoa are critically literate and able to realise their potential.
We are seeking applications from talented literacy and numeracy tutors for part-time, casual and fixed term positions across Aotearoa.
You will be part of a national team of educators who are passionate in their understanding that increased literacy and numeracy skills leads to increased opportunities, including employment and further education for learners, and potentially their whānau, families and communities.
Literacy Aotearoa is committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi, working to a strong value base, and contributing to the wellbeing of our learners, our communities, and our country.
To enquire or apply please email email@example.com
Train with us...
New Zealand Certificate in Adult Tertiary Teaching
The New Zealand Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching (Level 4, Credits 40), is taught online over 34 weeks.
Launch your career with learning and teaching strategies specifically for adult learners and gain insight into effective literacy and numeracy strategies. This programme is designed for an adult and tertiary educator starting out on their adult education and training career.
To enquire please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find a detailed course overview and structure here:
Statement of Commitment: New Zealand Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching Online
People awarded the New Zealand Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching will be able to:
- Design for learning to meet specified learning outcomes in a familiar context;
- Use learner-centred teaching strategies that respect learners’ mana and diverse backgrounds;
- Select and apply facilitation, teaching and learning strategies in familiar contexts, using resources and technologies to meet specific outcomes;
- Use assessment and moderation processes;
- Seek and respond to feedback from learners and other stakeholders to improve learner outcomes in candidate’s own context;
- Adult Literacy and Numeracy skills development in the Aotearoa New Zealand context;
- Understanding the Aotearoa New Zealand learning progressions for adult literacy and numeracy programme design and teaching;
- Identify and discuss a range of Māori and Pasifika perspectives that inform adult literacy and numeracy teaching.
The programme is delivered online for 2023:
- 34 week programme
- 6 days required training workshops and 1 day optional training workshops.
Intakes are each month (excluding December 2023).
Workshop dates are listed below. Workshops start in the first week so you will need to be enrolled in time for the first workshops.
* dates are subject to change
- New Zealand citizens or residents, or a citizen Australia, the Cook Islands, Niue or Tokelau.
If you are unsure just ask us
- Attend online facilitated training workshops
You need to attend the scheduled training workshops.
- BYOD – Bring your own device
You need to have regular access to a device (computer or laptop) for online learning.
- Access to WIFI or internet
Access to a reliable internet connection, preferrably high-speed, and/or a data plan to be able to support online learning.
- Practical knowledge of computers with basic file management and word processing skills
100% of the programme is online. Practical knowledge of computers and basic file management and word processing skills is highly recommended.
- Access to at least two adult learners
You need to have access to a minimum of two adult learners in a workplace, tertiary institute or community organisation.
- Pay a $25 non-refundable admin fee.
This is a one-off admin fee - the programme tuition is free and there are no other fees
Graduate tutors of this programme will have the skills and knowledge for adult educator roles in workplace, tertiary institute or community settings with the ability to plan and implement literacy and numeracy within their programmes.
Graduate tutors of this programme may pathway to the Literacy Aotearoa programme, New Zealand Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (Vocational/Workplace) Level 5, cross crediting 20 credits.
Need help enrolling?
Contact us: email@example.com