Trainee Tutor Resources
- Trainee Tutor Handbook
- RPL Information
- Trainee Tutor Withdrawal Form
- Trainee Tutor Complaints Process
- Trainee Tutor Complaint form
Literacy Websites in New Zealand
Health Literacy (NZ)
Literacy Online - (NZ) Te Kete Ipurangi, Ministry of Education
- Te Kete Ipurangi (NZ) This is a Ministry of Education site to assist teachers with lesson planning, containing several useful Māori language resources.
- Learning Progressions - View Professional Development Resource Booklets including 'Teaching Adults to...:
- Read with Understanding
- Make Sense of Numbers to Solve Problems
- Write to Communicate
- Measure and Interpret Shape and Space
- Reason Statistically
- and... The Reading Collections
- Embedded Literacy Resources
- Adult Literacy and Numeracy Assessment Tool
- Dyslexia Decoded - 'What it is, what it isn’t, and what you can do about it' (Dymock & Nicholson, 2012) video clips
Pathways Awarua (NZ): TEC: for adult learners on a course or in training. 100+ interactive learning modules, linked to the Learning Progressions
Skills Highway (NZ) : established to help employers learn how workplace literacy and numeracy training can help them improve business performance.
Literacy Websites (International)
- About.com (USA) Articles about adult education
- Adult Learners' Week Australia (Australia)
- Australian Council for Adult Literacy (Australia)
- BBC - Skillswise (UK)
- Decoda Literacy Solutions (Canada)
- GCF- Learn Free (Goodwill Community Foundation) (USA) Activities for adult literacy learners.
- NALA (Ireland)
- National Literacy Trust (UK)
- NIACE (UK)
- Study Guides and Strategies (USA) Ready to use interactive and print resources
- VALBEC (Australia)
Numeracy Websites in New Zealand
- MathsFirst (NZ) Massey University
- Maths Centre (NZ)The NZ Centre of Mathematics
- NZ Maths (NZ) New Zealand School Curriculum for Maths
- Sorted (NZ) New Zealand Budgeting website with calculators
Numeracy Websites (International)
- BBC - Skillswise (UK)
- Excel Easy (USA) Tutorials on how to use Excel (free)
- Free Rice (United Nations World Food Programme)
- IXL (USA) - Maths for the left and right brain - resources aligned with the NZ National Curriculum - you can sample the activities on this site, but need to become a member to access all resources (at a cost)
- Khan Academy (USA)
- Math in Daily Life (USA)
- Nrich (UK) 'Specialists in Rich Mathematics'
- Wolfram|Alpha (USA) Dynamic computations
New Zealand Road Code Resources
- AA (Automobile Association) (NZ) FREE online quiz
- Drive (NZ) - NZTA - Learn the NZ Road Code - a free learning tool created by the New Zealand Transport Agency and ACC. This has been developed as the official learning tool for the learner licence theory test. It has been designed for use on mobiles and tablets as well as websites and has much simpler language than the Official New Zealand Road Code.
- New Zealand Road Code (NZ) Read the whole official Road Code online for cars, heavy traffic, motorcycles and bicycles.
- NZ Road Code Learner Licence Theory Test Questions (NZ) Here you can see most of the questions you could be asked.
- NZ Road Code Learner Licence Theory Practice Tests (NZ) Buy online practice tests.
- Pathways Awarua (NZ) Road Code app - A complete series of modules on the road code on the Pathways Awarua literacy and numeracy website. These cover all the topic areas assessed in the learner licence theory test.
- Careers NZ (NZ) - Plan your career, write your CV, explore jobs, find courses and start job hunting
Job Search Websites
Reference Resources - Te Reo Māori and English
English/Māori or Māori/English Dictionaries
- Ngata dictionary (NZ) Learning Media online version. Just type in a word for the English or Māori translation.
- Te Aka (NZ) An online dictionary Māori-English English-Māori
Other links to Māori resources / information:
- Māori vowel song - a ha ka ma na pa ra ta wa nga wha (Youtube clip)
- Brief History of the Māori Language (nzhistory.net.nz)
- 100 Māori Words Every New Zealander Should Know (nzhistory.net.nz)
- 365 useful words and phrases in Te Reo Māori (nzhistory.net.nz)
- Digital Dialects - Māori language learning games
- Te Takanga o te Wā: Māori History in Aotearoa New Zealand (MoE)
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi (Te Ara)
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi (nzhistory.net.nz)
Other Reference Resources
- Simple Wikipedia - the Plain English version.
- Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand (NZ)
- Unravelling Legal Jargon (Write Ltd. NZ) - using plain English