Literacy Aotearoa Poupou (Member Providers) offer the Local Course approved Certificate in Adult Literacy Tutoring (CALT) to groups of adult literacy educators (or intending adult literacy educators) around the country. This is the minimum requirement for intending Literacy Aotearoa Adult Literacy Tutors.
CALT training is scheduled according to each provider’s needs. Please contact a provider near you if you are interested in enrolling in a CALT programme/course.
Programme Content includes:
- The historical and contemporary contexts of adult literacy provision in Aotearoa / New Zealand
- Adult learning and tutoring
- Literacy tutoring strategies
- Planning, assessment and evaluation
Click here to access National Qualifications Resources
- Twelve months, part time.
- Experience in adult literacy tuition OR intention to become an adult literacy educator;
- Demonstrated ability to complete a programme of study at Level 5;
- New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident status.
Course Cost - Internal Scholarships
The current cost for CALT training delivery and assessment per individual is $1300.00. This cost is covered through an Internal Scholarship when trainees complete the course, provide at least 50 hours volunteer tuition for Te Poupou and finish the qualification within the allocated 12 months.
Please contact a provider near you if you are interested in enrolling in a CALT programme, at http://www.literacy.org.nz/member-providers.php